Fruit Focus: Benefits of Coconut
The coconut can be used in so many different ways; it can be hard to count them all! But for those of us out there that like to use something for more than one thing, coconut is definitely one to try. Due to the several parts a coconut has and comes in, it could be the new golden item on your shopping list.
- Moisturize Your Hair: Coconut oil can be used to de-frizz hair with a table spoon of coconut oil. Massage it into your ends on humid days to keep your hair looking put together and shiny. You can also use the oil on your roots and rinse in the shower to rehydrate your scalp and fight dandruff.
- Hydration: Coconut water is great for rehydrating and replacing electrolytes. After a workout, drinking coconut water works to replenish your system. Coconut water is a good resource to have in disaster situations as well. For example, if you’re stuck on a deserted island, look for coconut trees. If they’re around, you’re in luck! Crack um’ open and enjoy!
- Soften Skin: Coconut oil does wonders for your body as a moisturizer and sunscreen. Rub a teaspoon of coconut oil into your skin before going into the sun and apply afterwards as well. Throw out your shaving creams and gels! Coconut oil is also gives you a close shave while keeping your legs looking silky smooth.
- Tummy Time: Coconut is generally easy to digest and increases the body’s metabolic rate. Try using coconut oil instead of butter or olive oil when making scrambled eggs or other meals. This gives your food a taste of coconut and it’s healthy!
- Toothpaste & Breath Freshener: Combine coconut oil, baking soda and mint oil to make your very own toothpaste leaving your smile pearly white. Gargling coconut oil and water can also lead to fresher breath and healthier gums!
- Makeup Remover: Do you have trouble removing your make-up after a long day? Use a dollop of coconut oil on a cotton ball to remove the make-up, and then wash your face with warm water. This will leave your skin looking and feeling soft! You can make your own makeup remover wipes
Overall, there are many uses for coconut in all its glorious forms. If you have questions or concerns on how using coconut may affect your health specifically, please consult your physician.
Let us know what you think about using coconut the ways listed above or how you personally use coconut by commenting below!