How to Get Active: Workout Tips for Beginners
Being active isn’t just a hobby; it’s a lifestyle. The trick to staying active is to find something you enjoy doing, whether it is running, playing basketball, weight training, or walking. The sky is the limit! Augusta Active has the high performance, high quality, and affordable activewear to keep you going. Our gear is designed with you in mind and can withstand any level of intensity, from beginners to pro athletes. Here are a few workout tips to help you get started with your new active lifestyle.
Workout Tips for Beginners
- Set Goals– Setting goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, and timely will help you get started with a new workout routine and keep you on track. Being able to watch your progress will help you stay positive and motivated. You can have a wide variety of goals, but start by focusing on one thing at a time.
- Start a Schedule– Start a workout plan that is tailored to your level. Just keep in mind that it can take 21 days to start a habit. Use that knowledge to your advantage and try to stick to your new schedule for at least three weeks. By the end of the 21 days, you should be much more confident in your ability to continue!
- Fuel Properly– Good nutrition sets the foundation for great results. Developing healthy eating habits can create rapid leaps in the fat loss and muscle building process. Incorporate more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, lean meats, and nuts into your diet while avoiding processed foods as much as possible.
- Find a Workout Partner– Having a workout partner will help keep you motivated and accountable. He or she can be a coworker, family member, or even a friend. In addition to making everything more fun, they can also keep you safe. A great spotter or running buddy is also a good thing.
- Rest– It is good to rest your muscles after a workout. It allows the muscles that you have broken down to heal and recover. Letting your muscles recover allows you to grow stronger, allowing you to increase the intensity of your workouts in the future. So go ahead and put your feet up. You deserve it.
- Purchase New Workout Clothing– If all else fails, a new gym wardrobe can help motivate you to get in the gym. When you feel confident, you are that much more likely to get up and get active. The good news is that looking great in the gym doesn’t have to break the bank. The stylish active apparel available at Augusta Active is causal, trendy, and affordable. From basic wicking tees to athletic shorts, there is a style for everyone.