Stay Healthy During the Fourth
Don’t let your hard work go to waste during the Fourth of July weekend. You may be tempted to skip workouts and healthy meals, but you don’t have to miss out on the BBQ fun. You can turn your BBQ or kitchen area into a healthy and savory workstation all the while enjoying company.
Some great recipes have been listed below for your viewing pleasure. You may notice some classic items on the list that have an added twist. This makes them ideal for those trying to stay healthy while enjoying their food at the same time!
- Salmon Tartare: For those craving seafood, this dish makes for a great appetizer. You can eat it with chopsticks (or a fork if you aren’t skilled in that department). Pair it up with some chips for a good addition to the table.
- Bean and Corn Salsa: For those who like to keep it simple, this one is for you! You don’t have to get the store bought salsa in a jar to have an appetizing chip and dip combo.
- Fire-Seared Antipasto Platter: Take your chopped mixed vegetables and try grilling them and serving with a dressing to spice it up a bit. After all, vegetables are a must on the picnic table at any BBQ.
- Grilled Shrimp with Lime, Orange, and Basil Oil: Another item you can throw on the grill is shrimp! Use skewers for easy cooking and removal. The shrimp will cook quickly, so don’t go away too long.
- Cobb Salad: The salad of salads is here! Cobb salad offers a great variety of ingredients. You can add sliced avocado and beans on the side for this delicious salad.
- Pesto Potato Salad: BBQ’s wouldn’t be complete without potato salad! But have you tried making it with pesto sauce? Mix it up by making this recipe for yourself and/or serving to guests.
- Hominy- pinto Burgers with Roasted Poblano Chiles: For the vegetarians or those who like veggie burgers, try this recipe. Making your own beef handmade burger isn’t a cumbersome task, and vegetarian patties are no different!
- Chicken Burgers with Guacamole, Cheddar, and Charred Tomatoes: Craving some yard lobster? Try this recipe in all its glory this weekend! For an extra kick, add chili powder to your patty mix.
- Firecracker Ice Pops: Feeling hot outside? These ice pops are a nice little treat to keep you cool. It’s appealing on the outside, with bursts of flavor on the inside.
- Patriotic Parfaits: Not a baker? You don’t have to be with this dessert. This quick and easy recipe has the charm and appeal of the red, white and blue!
Hopefully these recipes are a home-run with you and yours this 4th of July! Let us know what you think about these great recipes or what your favorites are by commenting below!